Enhanced design services may include the following, but not limited to
- Conceptualize and sketch design plans.
- Computer aided designs (Utilize computer applications in the design process to illustrate the design.)
- Outline client design objectives.
- Source materials and products included in plans.
- Create ‘mood boards’ to sample your client’s design vision.
Working with interior designers provides multiple opportunities for contractors and remodelers to improve and grow their business. Working with discerning customers and clients can be a daunting task for any contractor. Customers expect their contractors to be aware of every option available to them and to offer designs that exceed their expectations. Contractors can offer design services as part of their value proposition to their clients.
- Improved project management/Design specific selections
– Working with interior designers allows contractors to remain focused on completing their projects without getting wrapped up in the details.
– Budgets are difficult to define when working on initial project development. By working with interior designers, the client may be more apt to discuss budgets with the expectation that it will help the design professional be more effective in developing the design.
– By collaborating with an interior designer, contractors can offer opportunities to the design professional as well as enjoy opportunities where the design professional brings them in as the contractor.