10 Ideas to Instantly Update your Bathroom!
October is National Kitchen & Bath Month and Red Couch Interiors is excited to talk about how these 10 products can help you upgrade your bathroom instantly!
- Shower Curtain – This should be the first item you select to determine the theme of the space. From here, you’ll be able to select coordinating bath towels and a paint color from the curtain design itself.
- Bath Towels – Select a bright and bold color to give your bathroom an inviting atmosphere. Do not select two different colors to coordinate. All of your bath towels should be the same color. Plus, it’ll save you a laundry load when it’s time! (PS-Please remove all bath mats from the premises. Thank you.)
- Paint – Choose your wall color from a prominent color from the shower curtain. This can either be a grounding base color or a more vibrant color that stands out. You can even decide to select the same color as the bath towels, but a shade lighter or darker, depending on the bath towel color selection.
- Mirror – Everyone is familiar with the plain builder grade mirror attached to the wall using tiny plastic brackets. Head to the lumber yard and pick up molding trim, spray paint it to coordinate with your faucet finish and cut to fit the perimeter. Now you have an instant framed mirror and nobody’s the wiser.
- Toilet Seat – You wouldn’t think that purchasing a new toilet seat would be a big deal, but it will definitely be noticeable if it’s not replaced during a renovation. Upgrade to a heavy duty plastic seat with slow closing hinges. The soft close mechanism is perfect for children and husbands. No slamming allowed. Plus, if your bathroom is living in the 70’s or 80’s, Bemis can color match your existing toilet!
- Shower Rod – Changing your existing straight shower curtain rod and switching it with a new curved rod will not only upgrade your look, but give you more room while bathing! Upgrade to a double curved shower rod for extra ease and design.
- Toilet Paper Holder – Tired of playing hide and seek with the spring in your toilet paper holder? Upgrade to a pivoting style, where it’s easy to remove and add the next roll. Upgrade again and purchase a two in one toilet paper holder and grab bar combination. You’ll never see the difference, but your guests will thank you.
- Vanity Light – This fix is so easy, you’ll wonder why you didn’t do it sooner. Replace your Broadway style light bar with a sophisticated layered light fixture.
- Shower Head – Adding a hand shower to any shower configuration will add instant benefits, not only to your style and design, but it’s extremely functional!
- Vanity Top – Upgrade your standard swirl design cultured marble vanity top with a natural stone-like surface pattern that instantly adds elegance and beauty to your bathroom. Choose a rectangular sink instead of oval for an instant update. (PS-Don’t forget to change the cabinet knobs on the vanity too!)
- Vanity Faucet – Last but certainly not least, it’s FINALLY time to replace that builder grade sink faucet with crystal knob pronto! Step into the 21st century with the ever so trendy, yet classic cross handle style widespread lavatory faucet.